St. Romain Church, Switzerland

The St. Romain church located in Ayent, the heart of Valais, is a historic monument, built in the 19th century and inaugurated in 1867. The bell tower is the only vestige of the original building dating back to 1514. For the 150th anniversary restoration and modernization work has been undertaken.

The aim of the lighting project is to enrich the sacred aspects by highlighting the significant aspects of the building and their historical and social values. The imposing vault was staged by linear lighting with XOOLUM HYDRA 36 from LED Linear.

Lighting design

Andrea Giudicelli

Architect

Romaine Savioz

Location

Valais, Switzerland

Building owner

St. Romain Church

Photos

Florian Bouvet Fournier

Location of the project