Sacristy at Fraumünster
LIGHT ON, Zollikon
Reformierte Kirchengemeinde, Zurich
|Products||ULTIMA-S Opal White|
ULTIMA - shining star in Fraumünster
Around 1911, Zurich's city architect Gustav Gull redesigned the Fraumünster church. In the course of this, it was one of the first churches in Zurich to be electrified. A good 30 years after Thomas Alva Edison (1880) invented the incandescent lamp, the Fraumünster shone in electric light. Some 110 years later, it is once again a pioneer: With ULTIMA, LIGHT ON realized the world's first lighting solution based on LED technology with nano lenses in a historic building. The small ULTIMA has a beam angle of 60°. It was mounted without tools by magnets on a steel angle measuring 2 x 4.80 m. The selected light color temperature and the high color rendering beautifully complement the candlelight. The sacristy can be perfectly illuminated with this lighting solution. For the first time the beautiful ceiling paintings are shown to their best advantage. Further ULTIMA light lines for the choir area are already being implemented next to the famous Chagall windows.